It's Almost the New Year (December 30, 2018)

Well, Bula Vinaka!

It was kind of a weird week this past week. But I think that's mostly because of the fact that I was able to call my family this past week, which was pretty cool. That and the idea that the day afterwards, me and my companion got kind of sick. I'm doing good, but my companion isn't doing all that great. We're pretty sure that it's all the sicknesses from America he hasn't been exposed to for the past 2 years.

Again, sorry, but I don't have a whole ton of different pictures this week, but I do have a couple. The first two is the view from the Chapel. It's pretty nice. 




The third is the view from the Elders Flat in Levuka, a small island a little ways away. 

                                     


The 4th picture is of our Christmas Tree in the flat, and it's rather fantastic, if I do say so myself. More 
pictures to come!

     (Unfortunately we never got a picture of the tree, but he did throw this extra beautiful picture in! )


                                         

Anyhow, as far as spiritual thoughts for this week goes, I think this was in the later chapters of Alma, or Helaman, or Mormon, I can't remember, but there was a verse that said something like this. And they boasted in their own strength that saved them, and did not give thanks to God. And so He left them in their strength, and they became weak like unto their brethren the Lamanites. So what I was thinking with this is that with God, we can do all things. But if we forget God and lean on our own strength, we will not be able to accomplish as much. I encourage you all to give thanks to God that he will grant you strength, and you will feel his love for each and everyone of you.

-Au lomani iko!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2...or Maybe It's 3

"The only way to get there, is to get a little bit of mud on the tires." (January 6, 2019)