Well...I've Been Hit by a Car (Week #12)

                                     

Bula Vinaka!

Well, good news, we have some pictures!  Yay!
Bad news, I forgot to take many, so we have 3!
Also bad news, I've been hit by a car.

This past week has been pretty good. I celebrated my birthday, it was kind of weird without having to celebrate 3 in a row like we used to do, but hey, I'm 1 year older now. And maybe wiser, we'll have to see on that part.

Other good news, I am feeling pretty healthy. However, Elder Jessee wasn't feeling the best, so we had to go down to Nausori town to go to the doctors. He's doing good now, but we went on my birthday, and the Zone Leaders said, "Hey, let's go find food for your birthday." So we got some fancy food, and cheesecake, which was really good.

                                                     

We went back up to Saioko for Exchanges this week, and that's where the pictures are from. I was with Elder Reese, and he is pretty chill. We went to a village and didn't realize it until later, but we started teaching the Chief of the village. He seemed really nice and asked a lot of questions, so that's pretty cool.




Back in my area, we went out finding more people to teach in a koro, and I discovered that the village was much larger than I originally thought it was. We found a couple people who seemed a little interested, so I'm pretty excited about that.

I've also started learning how to drive a manual truck, on dirt/gravel roads, that aren't smooth, or wide, with other cars on them, so that's exciting. Elder Jessee says I'm doing fine, and I believe him, except the pole that I almost hit probably doesn't, as well as the person that didn't move off the narrow road, or the semi that tried passing me when I was trying to turn, but hey, we didn't hit anything! I'm doing pretty good, I'm alive.

Also, as far as the getting hit by a car, as I'm guessing that some of you are probably wondering how that worked out. I was backing Elder Jesse up to get out of a drive way, and I hadn't quite realized, "Oh, hey, maybe I should move to the side a bit." So I got a little bit of scrape from our rear bumper, and almost fell into someone's farm, but I'm doing all right, just got my shirt dirty.

As far as a spiritual thought goes, I've been reading the New Testament, and something Paul wrote was that now is the time to cast off the works of darkness, and put on the armor of light. It reminded me again that I am on a mission to the Lord, and that all of us can do something to further the building of His kingdom.

Anyways, I want y'all to know that I love you, I miss you, and I know the Lord is with you.

-Au lomani iko!
Elder Roylance

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2...or Maybe It's 3

"The only way to get there, is to get a little bit of mud on the tires." (January 6, 2019)