"The only way to get there, is to get a little bit of mud on the tires." (January 6, 2019)

Bula Vinaka!

So, I'm sorry to say that I don't know where my cord that plugs into the computer and my camera is, so sorry, but it'll hopefully show up so ya'll can get pictures.

I guess the first thing is that there is a class 2 cyclone coming my way, so that's fun. There's been a ton of rain and mud, but, as a song says, "The only way to get there, is to get a little bit of mud on the tires." So far, it's been safe to go out, but if it gets much worse, we might get to stay in the flat for a couple of days, because this storm is moving really slowly for some reason. Second, because of all the mud, I have slipped up once or twice, and landed in it, so if I find my cord someday, ya'll will see pictures.

I guess the next thing is that I have discovered that if you have a complete change in dietary intake, you tend to get some stomach issues. It's been a weird adventure, but I'm doing all right, just warning you all if you ever visit afterwards.

There's another song that goes like, "I'll just be sitting here, kissin' frogs." and I'm reminded of this, except you change the word "kissin'" to "kickin'". Mostly because I have discovered the joy my companion gets from kicking frogs for myself. It's actually absurdly fun, so if you ever get the chance to, I would recommend doing so.

I ought to put a spiritual thought in here, so I think I'll go to my default today: Joshua 1:9 says, "Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage. Be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest." Even though I haven't exactly been in the comfort of Utah, or America, I feel like I'm not alone. Part of that might be because I'm with Elder Jessee all the time, but also because I know that the Lord is with me. If you're ever feeling alone, just remember that he walked such a lonely road, so that we don't have to. He will always be there to support and lift you up.

Au lomani iko!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2...or Maybe It's 3